Tencel sheets are made from the wood cellulose of eucalyptus trees. This smooth fabric feels silky soft and has a sheen to it. Its origin from the pulp of eucalyptus wood makes Tencel sheets naturally cooling. The Tencel fibers are super absorbent so they are a good choice for hot sleepers. They wick away night sweats keeping sleepers comfortable even in warm weather.
Tencel is the brand name for lyocell fabric, which is a type of rayon. Rayons are regenerated fibers sourced from natural materials. These natural materials go through a production process to be converted into fibers. They are neither natural fibers like cotton or wool nor artificial fibers synthesized out of petrochemicals like nylon or polyester.
This semi-synthetic fiber is manufactured using a “closed-loop process”—almost all the solvents used in the production process get reused and don’t pollute the environment. The solvents break down the wood pulp, which is then reformed into fibers to make Tencel.
The closed-loop manufacturing process of the regenerated Tencel® fiber makes it an eco-friendly fabric. Plus, the wood cellulose is extracted from eucalyptus trees grown in unirrigated lands without the use of chemical fertilizers or pesticides. Environmentally conscious people can take pride in using these sheets made with low environmental impact.
- Eco-friendly materials give it a cooling feel, making it a perfect choice for hot sleepers
- Strong regenerated fibers make Tencel sheets durable
- Hypoallergenic material absorbs moisture, preventing bacterial growth
- Smooth feel makes Tencel sheets the best option for those with sensitive skin
- The silky texture of these soft sheets resists wrinkling
- Has a higher price-point because the production process is expensive
- Maintenance may be difficult as some Tencel sheets cannot be machine washed, or washed in hot water.
#tencelsheets #tencelbedding #bedding #minhha #highqualitybedding #linenstore #luxurybedlinens